Table of Contents
Effective as of January 19, 2021.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise, or that we obtain from your employer, includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and organizational affiliation.
- Profile data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, preferences, information about your participation in our events and marketing, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Payments and transactional data needed to complete your orders on the Service (including name, credit card information, bank account number, billing information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Third party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, which may include:
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and trade show and other event operators.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies and similar technologies. Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Flash cookies, or locally-stored objects, which are used on websites for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you or your company about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing. We may send you ReverseVision-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing” section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
Your organization. If your account is established by your employer or another organization, that organization may create an account for you, can control which features or information are available to you, and can terminate your account.
Service-related third parties. Title companies, credit reporting agencies, financial institutions (such as banks, lenders, brokers), and other non-affiliated third parties as necessary to operate the Service.
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as information technology, hosting, customer relationship management and support, event registration, marketing, website analytics).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, ReverseVision or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email or by contacting us. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity on the Site. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us
You can reach us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 1620 5th Avenue, Suite 525, San Diego, CA 92101
- Phone: 858.433.4970